The primary role of a Zilliant Data Scientist is to effectively configure and monitor the scientific models which support Zilliant’s price optimization and predictive modeling solutions. To do so, the scientist must be comfortable with independent interactions with clients, guiding clients towards Zilliant’s best design practices, and effectively communicating the value of Zilliant’s products. The role also relies heavily on personal accountability for results and a collaborative approach that brings the best of Zilliant to every customer.
- Ensure Zilliant’s optimization and predictive models are configured to meet our client’s strategic objectives.
- Travel to client offices or use video conferencing to present scientific concepts and model results to senior executives.
- Leverage an array of software tools to analyze large client datasets.
- Working with cross-functional teams within Zilliant on multiple projects.
- Advanced Degree in an applied mathematics subject such as Data Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or a related discipline
- Experience using SQL to analyze large datasets
- Experience implementing data science routines in R or Python
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presence and confidence in front of executives
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Academic or industry exposure to B2B or B2C pricing and revenue optimization
- Academic or industry exposure to machine learning methods
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau