Zilliant is currently searching for a Technical Consultant to join the Professional Services team in Austin. We are looking for individuals with a services/consulting background implementing SAAS solutions, who are enthusiastic about data/integration and strive to produce high quality results. The successful candidate should be knowledgeable about data modeling, data analysis techniques, data quality and system integration (cloud, on-premise & hybrid). They should also possess good interpersonal & communication skills to be able to perform the technical lead duties on a project.
- Requirement gathering for data modeling, SaaS integration, and application configuration
- Translate requirements and corresponding business processes into technical integration requirements & design.
- Managing the interdependencies and sequencing of implementing multiple products with conflicting priorities
- Leading design and technical architecture discussions and identifying & assessing solution alternatives
- Working with the customer’s stakeholders to advice the best integration strategy for the Zilliant solution with their existing applications. Help them design/implement the solution.
- Working with Zilliant customers and Pricing Scientists to build a data pipeline for use in Zilliant platform and analytics solutions
- Interfacing with the customer’s IT group to acquire and integrate the data in both directions and assist with data-related technical issues, as needed
- Partnering with the project team on code design for the project and to ensure that best practices are followed
- Actively engaging in each assigned project to assist with the identification and implementation of business rules
- Proactively ensuring the quality of the data being entered into the system and use Zilliant tools to build tests to ensure the quality throughout the process
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and helping to drive those requirements through the system
- Documenting the project data model, assumptions and the business rules
- Working with and delegate work to Data Engineers to complete tasks where needed
- Traveling to customer locations (10-15% travel, as health conditions permit)
- Bachelor’s degree. Prefer Computer Science or related, or comparable experience
- 3 to 6 years of relevant consulting or services experience, preferably with SAAS Implementation projects for external customers. A purely engineering background will not be a good fit unless it is in a large enterprise company with multiple internal customers.
- Strong SQL Server or similar RDBMS development skills with Big Data Technologies exposure
- Solid understanding of data integration methodologies including ETL and ELT (e.g. Matillion) from variety of sources including database, API and streaming service
- Hands-on experience with integration architecture patterns, API/ webservices technologies and enterprise messaging patterns both pre-designed or custom
- Experience of designing for performance and performance tuning
- Experience collaborating with business and IT teams on requirements, design, security, infrastructure, networking, QA areas to ensure alignment and compliance.
- Experience of managing and working with offshore resources
- Experience with Big Data storage and analytics technologies is desired
- AWS stack in a multi-tenant environment including RedShift, Aurora, Spark, S3 etc.
- Force.com configuration and some development using APEX, Visualforce, Lightning components etc.
- Working knowledge of leading CRM/ERP solutions (SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics etc.)
- Designing high performance Analytics with Tableau or similar visualization tool
- Experience with pricing & quoting applications a plus
- Configuring CRM, CPQ, and / or pricing SaaS application (e.g. Salesforce CPQ, Apptus, PROS, Vendavo)
- Working knowledge of Systems Integration in a complex enterprise environment
- Excellent understanding of data pipeline techniques and tools including high volume and performance
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – ability to find data quality and performance issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of cross functional and cross vendor teams
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills